Maui is re-opening 8/1 to tourism with proof of a negative covid-19 test. The test must be administered within 72 hours of your arrival, which means you are welcome back to paradise!!
New information is developing daily but here is what we know so far. Hawaii officials are working with CVS/Rite Aid drug stores who will be offering the test. They will have a quick turnaround time with results, and your negative test results will go into an internal database. - New information is coming out daily.
- What is the price of the test? This is not official, but I am hearing $100-$140 per test.
- Are facial masks required? Please check with your airlines but it seems masks are required on all flights. I would also expect they are required in all restaurants and in all places where more than 50 people would be.
- What if I want to cancel? We are happy to rebook your reservation to new dates with no penalties.
- What happens if my covid-19 test is positive? We will offer a full refund less $150 admin fee with proof of a positive covid-19 test.
- Are Restaurants Open? Many restaurants have been waiting for the travel ban to be lifter. Your favorite eateries will be back in business very soon.
- Is everything open at The Mahana? Yes, The Mahana has opened the swimming pool, spa, shuffleboard court and the tennis court. Social distancing will still be in effect.